Tuesday 3 October 2017

Quilt Progress

 I enjoyed my birthday last week and received these lovely sewing related goodies:  quilting books(from my lovely sister), a block keeper (from the lovely Benta) and some beautiful ceramic buttons (from my lovely DD1).

Lucky me!
 I also received a couple of fabric postcards.

This one came from Inge.....
 ....and this one from Rosemary.

Thank you, everyone!
 Here is the block keeper in use already - although not for completed blocks, this time around, but for the cut up components to make enough blocks to make a small quilt.
 The same sort of pattern as this one - seen here with a trial layout which I tweaked a bit before sewing the blocks together.

I adapted the pattern from the Project Linus free pattern called 2-4-7.  I had some scrap fabrics cut to 4" x 8", so I added 2 1/2" strips to either side and made 8" square blocks with them.  I made this one in 'boy' colours as I know that Project Linus have said that they get more in 'girl' colours.
I got as far as basting it - now I need to get quilting it!

It's at the top of my list of things to do this week!

1 comment:

  1. Delighted to see the block bag in use - and glad you understood stood its name is a suggestion not a commandment!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.