Wednesday 12 July 2017

The Excitement of a Project Start!

 Oh the thrill of a completely new project with completely new fabrics!  The anticipation!  The possibility that this may be the quilt when all the seams are perfect, when all the corners meet! 

Aren't these fabrics fabulous?  Chosen by my SiL and niece for a specific quilt pattern that my niece has chosen for her 'Uni Quilt'.
 Added to these low volume prints that they also chose, all I had to do was to start cutting and sewing!   I spent some time procrastinating.  I want the quilt to be perfect, but I know that I'm only prepared to put in the time and effort to make it as perfect as it turns out, with just an ordinary amount of effort!
 All the coloured fabrics cut into the squares that are needed.
 All the fabrics cut and diagonals marked on the squares that needed them.

It hardly seems enough fabric to make a complete quilt top, does it?
 The first blocks finished.  Twenty four down, 336 to go!
 Here's the start of those HSTs.  They are going to take me a while to make, press and trim.  I'm sure that I'll have more to show you next week!

The pattern, by Karen Lewis of Blue Berry Park, was published in Love Patchwork and Quilting in October 2014.  I've been wanting to make it since I first saw it!  I'm excited that I'm finally doing so.
Rather more instant gratification gained by making these bead and knot necklaces along with some of my gal pals.  Perfect summer colours for me, although I confess to not being much of a necklace wearer!

Happy sewing and crafting, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy colours! Looking forward to seeing the progress pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours Plum. Sorry I couldn't be here on Wednesday night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.