Wednesday 31 May 2017

Scraps Galore!

 I've nearly completed the scrap cutting overhaul on two out of my three drawers - so it's going well! 
As expected it has been quite time consuming.  Also as expected, I've been distracted into cutting additional sizes as well, so 2 1/2" squares and anything 2" wide have also been added to the piles!  This does have the advantage that I am wasting even less fabric, though, which is a good thing.

It's lovely finding 'old friends' as I go through my scraps - some of them from my very earliest days of quilting, maybe 17 years ago!
In other news, our garden is enjoying a few minor changes too.  Our five pet chicks are now out of the fenced paddling pool in the kitchen and in their coop (RH in this picture).  Not too long until they will be big enough to be in the whole run!

We are also in the process of trading up trampolines - moving from 8' round to 9'x13' oval.  That's the biggest size that we can manage on the decking.  Our DDs are looking forward to it!

I'm looking forward to finishing scrap cutting so that I can get on with some scrap sewing.  Hope that you have fun goals too!

2 comments:

  1. That is exactly what I need and want to do....get all of the scraps that I have (which is a ton) cut into strips and squares. I know it would take me months to get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's a lot of scraps you've sorted! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.