It might be hard to pick out, but the nine blocks used to make the quilt are each made up of nine small blocks, which have between one and nine fabrics in them.
The quilt design was published in 'The Quilter' by Lesley Coles.
It's one of the challenges set by my quilt group - Richmond and Kew Quilters - in order to generate a few special categories for our quilt show (which is still some way off).
The front is a little busy with a lot of similar sized prints. I decided to make the quilt from my stash, so some fabric choices were based on whether or not I had sufficient fabric within the colour families that I wanted to use!
Curly quilting all over - trying to make the whorls large enough that the quilting wasn't too dense as I wanted this to be another good snuggle quilt for someone. After the exhibition it will probably go to Project Linus.
Another fast finish as I'd made the small blocks for this last year. It's fun working through my WIP list and clearing project piles away as I go.
My next WIP to work on is a mini storm at sea. I started it some time ago but put it to one side when I wasn't pleased with my seam accuracy. I'm now thinking that I either need to brace myself to unpick it or to carry on and complete it - just leaving it to one side isn't good enough! Wish me luck!