Tuesday 11 April 2017

Flaming Good Progress!

 Can you see the flames?  OK, they are going from side to side rather than up and down, but they were still quilted as flames!  These were the last parts to be quilted on my 365 quilt - the top and the bottom of it.

Much as I enjoy quilting, I was quite pleased to finish this stage of this large quilt.
 With this photo I'm trying to show some of the different quilted areas from the back.  You can see the flames on the right, the swirls at the top left and the bottom centre, and within the 'L' made of those, the meanders and feathers of the next border in.

Not easy to make out, perhaps - but it's all quilted now!

Naturally, the next step is the binding!  The fabric is chosen and is shown here when I was joining the strips together.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Quilting looks great Plum. Good luck with the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, so exciting! Fab quilting and love the binding, Hope the needle is behaving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.