Wednesday 28 December 2016

New Year Wishes!

 Christmas festivities carry on in this household - we like to make the most of the chances to get together with family and friends over the holiday period!  We're having a lovely time with meals, games, chatter and the occasional event like watching our local rugby team, Harlequins (at Twickenham Stadium for the Big Game) and going to Kew Gardens Lights.  Busy, busy, busy!

I'm pleased, therefore, to have anything at all to show you!


 A total of eight blocks.  I was pleased that on Christmas Eve I was exactly two months behind - much better than the worst position I'd been in!

I'm still hoping to finish all the blocks by the end of January, although I'm saying that more in hope than expectation.  I think that having the top all put together by the end of February might be more realistic.  Can this count as my New Year's resolution?
My only other sewing was this postcard, trying to represent 'celebration' - the last of my birthday swap postcards for this year.

Whatever this year brought you, I hope that next year will be better, perhaps even your best yet!  Wishing a happy, healthy, joyful and peaceful 2017 to one and all!

3 comments:

  1. The batiks with the darks really pop - congratulations on completing the 8 blocks! The birthday "celebration" postcard is so cute. I will have to look for a swap to get me motivated to attempt one. Cheers in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting impatient to see all these fab blocks together!!! Happy new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks! Love those colours! Love the postcard too! Happy New Year!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.