Sunday 21 August 2016

More Summer Sewing

 The joy of a little bit of retail therapy this week - I was close enough to The Cotton Patch to actually visit in person, rather than by mail order like I usually do.  It made a nice change and I came across these variegated shasiko threads that I didn't know existed!  Lovely colours!

I also topped up my thread stash and treated myself to a charm pack. The 'utility' purchase is of heat 'n' bond lite - the fusible that I have most experience of, ready for a world map project.  All exciting stuff!
 


 Away from my sewing machine for a week, I've been able to make progress on this little wall quilt.

I was happy with the left hand side, lines of sewing up and down.  It took me a while to decide what to do on the right hand side and what I'd be doing.  I knew that I didn't want to do just either straight up and down or straight left to right.  Perhaps I'll be able to show you a bit more progress on it next week!
This shot shows a little more of the gorgeousness of the thread that I've been using.

Now, of course, on the right hand side I'm using my new variegated shasiko thread!

Hope that you are having fun stitching too!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.