Wednesday 20 April 2016

The joy of sewing

 I had a cold that turned nasty.  I've had even less energy than usual, and that's saying something (plus I've also consumed half my body weight in ice cream and popsicles over the last week trying to tame a sore throat when pain killers weren't doing it quickly enough or well enough - not great news for any hopes of weight loss!).  However, I'm pleased to say that I've finally managed a few minutes sewing.
Needless to say, my first thoughts were with the 365 challenge.

Inner borders for the central medallion!  Mostly quick and straightforward, although the one on the left had me unpicking as much as I was sewing, for some reason!

Looking forward to working on the corners for this set now!

Hope that you are staying healthy and managing lots of creative good works as the seasons change!

3 comments:

  1. Nice borders Plum. Are some of these Seminole type piecing? Glad you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 365 Challenge is looking great. I love how fast these border strips went, once they are sewn on. It feels like something is finally happening. Hope you feel better soon. Mine is fresh Thyme leaves, Marmite on toast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the randomness of the borders ! I just got rid of one cough ... And now have another! Hope we're both fit for coffee duty in May!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.