Wednesday 27 October 2010

In the nick of time.

I'm usually quite organised and like to get things done well before the deadline - but it doesn't always work out like that.  This card is due for a birthday in two days time (part of the BQLPC birthday swap), so allowing time for it to be posted, today was the last chance to get it done.....so it was made today!

Do you recognise the fabrics?  Guess who is being thrifty with her tiny scraps of pre-fused fabric left over from the flower tree project?  Yup - I started cutting some of them last night to make this little garland.  Fused and stitched it today, and all I need to do now is to write the address and message on the back, and walk it to the pillar box.

I did have a good 'quilt clearing' weekend, though - I managed to give away four quilts - always a good feeling.  The decks are now clear and ready for me to re-start work on the flower tree quilt, which still needs to have it's baggy bits sorted out before I can carry on quilting.

Watch this space - but don't hold your breath, as I think that this might be a slow stage in the project!

1 comment:

  1. Are you offering a general " baggy bits " sorting out service? I have lots of work for you!!!

    Love the postcard

    B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.