Monday 6 September 2010

A Finish and a Start!




F finished her little quilt (approx. 12" x 9") yesterday. Thriftily made from scraps from fabric from a skirt that she made earlier in the year, and some gifted stash. Once it had the wadding in the middle she couldn't put it through her machine, so she used my Bernina. By standing up she can manage pretty well, with occasional instructions from me (generally reminding her to put the presser foot down after turning a corner).


G is still piecing a small quilt with squares and rectangles - very much a WIP!


I have started (at last!) sewing down the fusible flowers on my flower tree quilt. It's been waiting for me for a long time, it seems. Not sure how long it's going to take, but ideally I'll get them all sewn down this week and then start on the rest of the quilting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.