Sunday 22 August 2010

I Warned you....




.....that there would be more little woven quilts!

I really like Fragments III (the second photo) - completely lifted by the lovely hand-dyed silk that I bought from Neredah McCarthy (how I wish that she had a web-site or an on-line shop, but I can't find one!). The colours are a little washed out in the photo, but they really are lovely. I also confess to having to use the back of two of the fabrics - my stash isn't renowned for gentle or subtle colours.

I really don't like Fragments II (the first photo), however. I tried cutting fabrics with a rotary cutter, and thought that bright batik against the dark one would look lovely - I was wrong. I added sequins and beads in the centre of the dark squares. That hasn't really helped. More stitching might help but I'm not the person who is going to bring this to life. If anyone reading this would like to try and breathe some life into it, please let me know and I'll send it to you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Plum (what a lovely name) I am SO excited to find a local crafter ... I am very near to you ... I cannot find a link to join you in your journey. Why not? Do email me privately and will be in contact ... oh those trips to Creative Quilting (lovely coffee shop opposite). See you there?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.