Monday 26 July 2010

Fun!


I treated myself to a soldering iron (on the way back from leaving my trusty Bernina for a service). I've had a quick experiment with some fruit netting, skirt netting, ripstop nylon and a plain cotton underneath (all from my stash, of course). Seems funny to be sewing with an old fashioned Featherweight and then trying a modern technique out!


I have a feeling that there will be a lot to learn about how different materials react, so asked my online quilting group - the wonderful BQL - to recommend a book. The consensus was FusingFabric which I've now ordered.


Probably not a technique to do with the girls, though, so I suspect that most experimentation will have to wait until they go back to school.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm, do I spy a girls' night in project in the making?? These are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempting, perhaps a quilters play date? Especially now that I've found some great flimsy scraves at Poundland......!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.